Wednesday, February 12, 2014

The arched top door Minster Oh stave core update

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
Here are some new pics of the arched entry doors core frame. I have decided to take a different approach to the stave core process, and hand cut and insert each stave individually. This took some time, but I believe it to be better constructed than my original attempt. I have elevated the frame and clamped a piece of plywood to the bottom to give a smooth surface for the staves to rest on. The last picture shows the staves glued in place. I will let this set for at least two days before working any more with the frame. I am still waiting on the glass pack anyway, so now is a good time for glue to set. Again, I am using Titebond III glue, which is waterproof. Once the glass is in, I will place additional staves around it, and then "skin" the door on both sides with 1/2" thick white oak, and finish. This will give a 3 ply door, that should resist warping and last for years.




TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment