Monday, February 10, 2014

Get the Look White and Charcoal Bedroom

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
A few weeks ago, I found this bedroom by Haskell Harris in HGTVs July/August issue and I was instantly smitten! You probably know that I love Schumachers Zimba fabric, (see my DIY draperies here) so that pillow grabbed me right away, but the brightness and pattern mixing really pulled me in!



I found a few products that will give a similar look. Even though there are several patterns going on, they work well together because they are all black and white and have a small scale, contrasting the large scale Zimba pillow.

Most bedding is medium to large scale, so it was tricky to find smaller scale pieces. Let me know if you have any suggestions too!

  1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6.  

Layering a patterned scarf on a simple white headboard is the perfect way to change up your bedding with practically no effort! 

Mix two stripes by choosing a thin vertical for the Euro sham and a wider horizontal for the coverlet/duvet. Then mix in a smaller ikat dot sham and circular bedding! 

Here are a few more options for the bedding: H+M thin stripe duvet, H+M border pillow sham, Crate + Barrel Pebble Sheets, Restoration Hardware Camille Standard Sham, Ikea Nyponros duvet,
Ikea Alvine Kvist Sheets

Finally, mixing in natural tones with an antique bamboo side table and linen lamp shade help give the room a collected look, adding warmth and texture.  

Im currently working on a design plan for a local client (met through my furniture sale!), and I think this is the perfect jumping off point for the bedroom. Her husband doesnt like anything too girly and she loves white, with punches of color + contrast, mixed with natural wood. 

--

p.s. I took photos of the dyed Eames chair yesterday, Im waiting 72 hours (as recommended on the bottle) to test the color fastness. (fingers crossed that it doesnt dye our clothes!)  I think its going to work!! Stay tuned! 

TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment